- Overwatch League Article Accidentally Leaked.
- The League published an offset article on Wednesday, February 3.
- that exploited what the league’s general managers thought would happen in 2021.
- This piece discusses topics such as 2021 MVP potential candidates, which compaction teams would like to see, and which teams will sign to form a new franchise.
- However, after each section, the author mentions all the players who received votes for the award in question.
- The name implies that Uprising’s alleged newest member Byeong-Ju “Valentine” Kim
This little footnote is a big surprise for Boston fans and Overwatch League 2021 fans alike. Rumors were circulating that Valentine would join Boston, but as of this writing, he had not officially been revealed as a player for the Uprising.
Leaked are not uncommon in OWL league of legends offseason. News usually has to be broken by reporters and journalists, not from the official OWL website. Mistakes seem like a simple misunderstanding between the League and the Uprising.
However, it is unfortunate that the news revealed by an accident rather than a formal announcement from the Uprising.
Surprisingly, Valentine received votes not only for Rookie of the Year but also for the most valuable player in 2021.
Whether or not these votes came from the Uprising staff, it appears that the majority of the team knew this information, including the owners.
The Uprising team will certainly not be happy to see that their exciting new announcement has been slowly revealed, which has been skewed as italic on the official OWL leaguepage.
OWL is a professional esports league for video game Overwatch, developed by its developer Blizzard Entertainment.
The OWL league is modeled on other traditional North American professional esports leagues, a set of permanent, city-based teams backed by separate proprietary groups.